ALL DAY GUIDED SNOWMOBILE TOUR- OLD FAITHFUL
AGES 10+ • SEE ALL YELLOWSTONE HAS TO OFFER IN 8 HOURS!
- Snowmobile Seats 2 people • Ages 10+
A Full Day Snowmobile Adventure!
An All Day Guided Tour starting at the East Entrance of Yellowstone over Sylvan Pass to Fishing Bridge and then south to West Thumb Geyser Basin and to Old Faithful and then returning by the same route and out to the East Entrance.
THE ONLY OUTFITTER WITH EAST SIDE PARK ACCESS!
You need to have your own transportation to The Trail Shop and to Pahaska Tepee. It is important to be prompt. There are other people who may also be on the trip, and showing up late will shorten the trip for them. If you are too late, you might forfeit your trip. Please call us if you anticipate arriving after 7.
You meet us at The Trail Shop at 7am at 7 County Road 6BU, located approximately a half hour west of Cody, to get your snowmobile suits and helmets. You need to leave Cody not later than 6:30 am or sooner.
Once you get your snowmobile and helmet at The Trail Shop, you then drive your vehicle another half hour to Pahaska Tepee, located just outside the East Entrance, and get on the snowmobiles and begin your tour.
Old Faithful: Starting at the East Entrance of Yellowstone, you ride over Sylvan Pass, 8,524 feet high. You drop down to Yellowstone Lake. It is 27 miles from the East Entrance to Fishing Bridge, where you head south along the Lake to West Thumb Basin, and then to Old Faithful.
- East Entrance to Fishing Bridge: 27 Miles
- Fishing Bridge to West Thumb: 21 Miles
- West Thumb to Old Faithful: 17 Miles
WHAT TO BRING
Snowmobile luggage capacity is limited. There is no compartment, only a rack to bungee gear to. Please use this image as a reference for how much you will be able to carry on the vehicle.
- Driver’s license
- Park pass (Purchase online before your trip at www.recreation.gov/sitepass)
- Credit card to pay for gas at the end of your trip
- Customary gratuity for your guide
- Long underwear and layered clothing
- Winter jacket, boots, and warm gloves
- Water (Camelbacks freeze and don’t work well)
- Winter hat (to wear when off the snowmobile)
- Sack lunch and snacks
- Hotties (warmed for inside gloves and boots)
- Camera and film
- Comfortable clothing under snowmobile suit
- Sunscreen and lotion for sun protection and windburn
- Pocket money for food and incidentals
- Small day pack to hold lunch and drinks
Where to go on the day of your tour:
Our snowmobile gear and snowmobiles are located in two different locations so you will come to both locations on the day of your trip.
All Tours meet at your first stop at 7 am at The Trail Shop (7 County Road 6BU, Cody, WY 82414). At this stop you will get your snowmobile suits and helmets. The Trail Shop is located ½ hour west of Cody. If you are spending the night in Cody, you will need to leave town by 6:30 am to be at The Trail Shop at 7 am.
Once you have your gear, you will drive west another ½ hour to Pahaska Tepee (183 Northfork Hwy., Cody, WY 82414). Pahaska is located just a few miles from the East Entrance of Yellowstone. From here you will get on the snowmobiles and begin your tour.
Your trip ends between 4 and 5:30 pm when you return to Pahaska. It will take an hour to drive back to Cody from Pahaska.