Catch the amazing sights and wonders from the unique perspective of a snowmobile traveling through the East Gate, the most dramatic way into the park.
YELLOWSTONE SNOWMOBILE RENTAL
- One Day Snowmobile Rental Per Snowmobile Seats 2 people • Ages 10+
- Two Day Snowmobile Rental Per Snowmobile Seats 2 people • Ages 10+
- Three Day Snowmobile Rental Per Snowmobile Seats 2 people • Ages 10+
EXPLORE THE TERRAIN ON YOUR OWN!
Explore the terrain on your own with a snowmobile rental! Have your own adventure throughout Yellowstone National Park.
Touring the park during winter offers a chance to see the landscape and wildlife in a way that can’t happen during summer. Follow the trails to see the amazing sights and wonders from the unique perspective of a snowmobile traveling through the East Gate!
Rentals subjected to 5% tax
WHAT TO BRING
Snowmobile luggage capacity is limited. There is no compartment, only a rack to bungee gear to. Please use this image as a reference for how much you will be able to carry on the vehicle.
Please note: under the COVID guidelines that we will be following this season, it will be necessary for you to bring your own balaclava. We will have new ones that you will be able to buy from us, but you will need to have cash to purchase these.
- Long underwear and layered clothing
- Winter jacket, boots, and warm gloves
- Water (Camelbacks freeze and don’t work well)
- Winter hat (to wear when off the snowmobile)
- Sack lunch and snacks
- Hotties (warmed for inside gloves and boots)
- Camera and film
- Comfortable clothing under snowmobile suit
- Sunscreen and lotion for sun protection and windburn
- Pocket money for food and incidentals
- Driver’s license
- Park pass (Purchase online before your trip at www.recreation.gov/sitepass.)
- Credit card to pay for gas at the end of your trip
- Small day pack to hold lunch and drinks
Where to go on the day of your tour:
Our snowmobile gear and snowmobiles are located in two different locations so you will come to both locations on the day of your trip.
All Tours meet at your first stop at 7 am at The Trail Shop (7 County Road 6BU, Cody, WY 82414). At this stop you will get your snowmobile suits and helmets. The Trail Shop is located ½ hour west of Cody. If you are spending the night in Cody, you will need to leave town by 6:30 am to be at The Trail Shop at 7 am.
Once you have your gear, you will drive west another ½ hour to Pahaska Tepee (183 Northfork Hwy., Cody, WY 82414). Pahaska is located just a few miles from the East Entrance of Yellowstone. From here you will get on the snowmobiles and begin your tour.
Your trip ends between 4 and 5:30 pm when you return to Pahaska. It will take an hour to drive back to Cody from Pahaska.